The Blogging Language...

My photo
"this is a valentines for single lady"

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Live video & video clip push vs Television


Battle Of The Year..!!

With my understanding so far, live video is basically live streaming is videos or program that broadcast live (not really live thou, it is always a minute or two delay) but on the other hand video clip push are videos that firstly buffers in a bundle of minutes and both of these services can be displayed on your mobile phone.
These particular services available in many countries including Malaysia as well and it is normally provided by telecommunication service operator, for example Maxis in our country.


However there are many complications, such as, do customers willing to pay for any of these services? And why do they need it so far, since television can provides the entertainment more than enough for users? Customers are usually looking for breaking news and also entertainment news as well, however mostly working class people may not schedule their time accordingly to what they want to watched with television program.


Hence, video clip push is one of the solutions for them to enjoy the time searching for what they want to watch anytime, instead of waiting favorite television program to be on air. Although many customers find the service is expensive, but yet they are still willing to pay for it !! What a surprise. Personally, I do subscribe for some of the live video channels via my mobile phone as well, and I find it is true!! Whenever I am bored in the class (not during lecture for sure) I do watched in somehow. Although the screen I a little bit too small, but in this battle, I find the mobile phones is the winner. I seriously spend more time with my mobile phone instead on the television. Are you the same as me?


References:
Live mobile tv vs video clip push by, Dror Gill
access on: 05/06/07
Multicast vs Unicast - The New Mobile Tv Battle Ground by, Sue Marek
access on: 06/06/07

No comments: